iTunes U offers students, faculty, staff, and alumni easy access to podcasts of courses, events, and university activities. Take a look at Apple's Introduction to iTunes U video and web page for an overview.
NAU has two iTunes U sites:
- Private NAU on iTunes U
- Only people affiliated with NAU can download these podcasts. For example, some course podcasts are available only to students enrolled in those courses. An NAU login ID and password are required for access to the private site.
- Public NAU on iTunes U
- Anyone can download the podcasts made available here. Read the content guidelines for information on uploaing content to the public side of iTunes U.
Download and install the current version of Apple's iTunes software. It's free and is available for Mac OS X, Windows XP, and Windows Vista. Then go to either of NAU's iTunes U sites and browse the podcasts available there. When you see one you like, click the Get button (or Get Movie button if it's a video podcast) for the podcast you want. If you want to get all of the podcasts for a course, click the Get Tracks button next to the course icon. To subscribe to a podcast, which means iTunes will automatically download any future podcasts posted for a course, click the Subscribe button next to the course icon. For help in using iTunes, see Apple's iTunes Support.
Read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
Read the Tutorials.
If you are a student and need technical support for iTunes U,
- Check Apple's iTunes Support
- Send email to StudentComputing@nau.edu
- Call the Student Technology Center (STC) at 928-523-9294 or (toll free) 888-520-7215
If you are a faculty member and need support,
- Check Apple's iTunes U Support and iTunes Support
- Read the Frequently Asked Questions
- Send email to the Solution Center (Ask-ITS@nau.edu) or call them at 928-523-1511 or (toll free) 888-520-7215
- Send email to the e-Learning Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call the Faculty Help Line at 928-523-5554 or (toll free) 866-802-5256
- Sign up for the e-Learning Center's training